Ever heard of 'yogurt cheese'? I've not, until now.
More about it here - http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/lowfat/archive/yogurtcheese.html
The below recipe is adding on to a basic yogurt cheese and making it into a scrummy dip or spread.
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tsp grated orange or lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 garlic clove, mashed
- a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- to make the yogurt cheese, drain 500g plain yogurt in a coffee filter-lined colander set over a bowl in the fridge overnight
- combine cheese with all the ingredients
- chill it for up tp 3 hrs
- serve at room temperature as a spread for toasted bread. Accompany with sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and olives as toppings, and a sprig of dill if you will.