Made these on the spur of the moment one lazy afternoon. I was browsing through my kitchen store, and after a quick check on the internet, I rehashed some basic recipes and came up with this for chocolate flavoured cupcakes.
Here’s the recipe:
Choco Cupcakes (basic)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 125g butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk, plus a little more splash of milk if needed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder + 1/2 a pack of instant coffee powder
- 2/3 chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Place all ingredients into a food processor (except for the milk & chips), and pulse to ensure mixture is even. Add milk towards the end, and pulse a little more
- Pour into 12 cupcake cases (or 8 large muffin cases), and bake for 15 mins
- Done !