- 2 tbs sweet potato flour
- 1 tbs rice flour
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 125ml water, room temperature
- 2 tbs veg oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp rice wine
- a pinch of white pepper
- 1 tsp chili paste, optional
- 100g or 8 large raw oysters, drained
- 2 coriander sprigs, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, halved
1. Stir both flour and 1 tsp fish sauce in water to make thin batter
2. Heat oil in pan. Pour batter in and cook for 30sec or until batter is half set.
3. Add eggs. When egg and batter turn crispy on one side, divide into quarters. Flip each quarter to ensure cooked through and crispy.
4. Season with remaining fish sauce, rice wine, pepper, chili.
5. Add oysters and quickly toss everything. Do not overcook oysters.
6. Garnish the omelette with coriander and lime.
Oysters can be found at supermarkets at $6.50 for 300g pack which contains about 20 oysters. Remaining oysters can be used for bacon-wrapped oysters as an appetizer.
(recipe from Sarah Ong)